Do you have what it takes to be a “mom entrepreneur”? Well, of course you do. To take the first step into starting your own business, figure out what you want to do. What are you talented in?
- Are you good with children? Try running a home daycare, tutoring, teaching music, or providing transportation to and from school.
- Are you creative? Try making crafts, jewelry, or scrapbooking. Sell what you make to your friends and acquaintances, at flea markets or at online auction sites. Better yet, create your own online storefront.
- Are you business minded? Become a virtual assistant, bookkeeper, or desktop publisher.
- Are you a fitness buff? Teach a yoga or aerobics class, become a Personal Trainer.
- Are you a computer guru? Web design and programming or computer training may be for you.
We all have talents, and you are no exception. Try this exercise. Take out a piece of paper and write down at least five things that you enjoy doing and that you do relatively well. Go online and research new business trends and what other moms have done. Narrow it down to the one talent you would like to use to start your business. Need help getting started? Try one of these links to research how to write a business plan and how to get started. Good luck!