Keeping and preserving memories has never been more fun with scrapbooking. You may have heard this buzz word around playgrounds and amongst your mom friends. The scrapbooking phenomenon has recently swept the country and we’re all hooked!
Scrapbooking can be a fun way to preserve sacred memories and use your creative juices. Many times, you can even get your kids involved in creating scrapbooks that last a life time. So, let’s get started!
In the book Scrapbooking: A Step-by-Step Guide to Preserving Your Memories from Creating Keepsakes Magazine the following eight steps are presented as a beginner's guide to getting started:
- Sort your photos into themes or topics and select a set to work on.
- Select 2-3 colors of acid-free paper or cardstock that will work well with your photos.
- Pick one photo to be the main focus of your page.
- If needed, crop your photos.
- Select photos to mat. This is a good way to highlight the focal point photo.
- Add journaling.
- Add a few extras (such as stickers and embellishments).
- Arrange all items on your pages and adhere.
Some things to think about when purchasing supplies for your scrapbook:
- What kind of scrapbook are you creating? Is this a wedding scrapbook or baby’s first year? Choose your theme and order your cover and pages according to that. Using the Scrapbook Supercenter, you can actually browse by theme.
- Once you select a theme, you can order albums, embellishments, overlays, stickers, and more according to your theme. Purchase kits or buy piecemeal. Whatever suits your needs.
- Besides pictures, be sure to add journaling. This enables the reader to understand who is in the picture and what is happening. Convey emotions of the moment if you can.
- Add your stickers and embellishments (decorative pieces) for an added effect.
Follow these steps and you’ll quickly become addicted to scrapbooking. So why not start now? Your family will thank you later, and generations to come will be looking at your works of art. Go to one of our recommended e-tailers to start your scrapbooking today! See below.
Do you want to be caught up on all the latest happenings with you and your baby? Join SmartMomma Advantage for free! You'll receive your choice of e-mail newsletters, from monthly updates on your baby's development to weekly sales alerts and the latest pregnancy, baby, and toddler news. Stay up to date with the SmartMomma advantage! Join today!
Relationships: Why Romance Is Important
Fitness & Health: How to Fit Exercise In
Beauty & Fashion: Spa Day at Home