Gone are the days of Ward and Judy Cleaver, thank God, along with the world of the Stepford Wives. How lucky we are to be a woman in this decade. New technology such as the Internet and the cell phone has brought us even more opportunity in our work and lifestyle. It has allowed us to telecommute to work and keep in touch with our kids during this busy time.
The so called “perfect little housewife mom” is a thing of the past. Even if you are a stay at home mom, chances are you don’t have time to bake all day. And we’re willing to bet you aren’t cleaning your house in a dress.
What does it mean to be a Not-So-Perfect Mom? It means you live in a reality world. It means you certainly try to give your husband and kids the best in you, so who cares if it means you have to sacrifice your clean house and perfectly coiffed hair.
So here it is. Our list of how to be a not-so-perfect mom. And in case you don’t figure out the key, it’s multitasking and quality time!
- Cook your children dinner, while you’re on the phone with a new client.
- Drive your son to soccer practice and while he is practicing, catch a 30 minute cardio session at the gym.
- Clean your house in sweats, and only when it REALLY needs it. Especially for working moms, you’d rather spend quality time with your kids than clean your house. Better yet, isn’t that why God created Merry Maids?
- Give your man a massage after a long hard day; then turn your back for your massage.
- Want to be your best for your family? Kick the hubby and kids out of the house and have a spa day at home. It’s better than yelling “Serenity Now” at your 4-year old.
- Read your 2-year old a story BEFORE you tackle the bills.
- Keep your kid at daycare an hour longer and get your grocery shopping done.
- Pick your kid up at daycare a few hours early and go to the park.
- Have your next big meeting at the playground.
- Tell your kids you love them until they beg you to stop. And when they beg you to stop, don’t stop.
Do you want to be caught up on all the latest happenings with you and your baby? Join SmartMomma Advantage for free! You'll receive your choice of e-mail newsletters, from monthly updates on your baby's development to weekly sales alerts and the latest pregnancy, baby, and toddler news. Stay up to date with the SmartMomma advantage! Join today!
Relationships: Why Romance Is Important
Fitness & Health: How to Fit Exercise In
Beauty & Fashion: Spa Day at Home